How do I download BSE and NSE stock prices in Excel in real time?
Microsoft Excel is a super software capable of doing a lot of calculations and providing results easily, some of which many Technical Analysis Applications would fail to provide.
Getting real time data into excel can be a very powerful tool, as the possibilities in excel are huge and only limited by your imagination.
With only a little knowledge of Excel you can implement new strategies / ideas, back-test them and even paper trade these strategies before going live.
Excel can sometimes do things which many technical analysis applications may not be able to. For eg..:—
- Create complex trading systems and conduct technical analysis calculations directly in your worksheets.
- Build and back test your strategies involving more than 1 scrip eg. pair trading strategies
- Very useful for tracking a large number of options simultaneously eg. Tracking their open interest / price variations, while studying the put / call ratios & option Max Pain analysis
- Can even help you for data mining and pattern exploration studies
- Keeping track of complex option strategies where a number of options need to be tracked at the same time
- Just simply tracking your portfolio in real time
- .. and a lot more..
How can we achieve this ?
To be able to enable this ability and more, you will need to exploit the Excel’s RTD Function. The RTD function is an excellent way to retrieve real-time data from a program that supports COM automation.
Some older applications used DDE to import real-time data into Excel but this is now a thing of the past as we have the more powerful and versatile RTD function in Excel.
, is one such software which can provide you with NSE Real Time Data in Excel. This application can help you analyse 200 – 500 NSE Equities, Indices, ETFs, Futures & Options in Real time in Excel at the same time
With, also using Excel’s ADD IN functionality to add forms, you would be able to also download Tick, 1, 5, 15, 60 min & EOD Historical Data.
If you would like to know more about this integration you can get it from this Article here.