NSE Stock Prices in Excel in Real Time – Microsoft Excel is a super software capable of doing a lot of calculations and providing results easily, some of which many Technical Analysis Applications would fail to provide.
Getting real-time data into Excel can be a very powerful tool, as the possibilities in excel are huge and only limited by your imagination.
With only a little knowledge of Excel, you can implement new strategies/ideas, back-test them and even paper trade these strategies before going live.
Excel can sometimes do things which many technical analysis applications may not be able to. For eg..:—
- Create complex trading systems and conduct technical analysis calculations directly in your worksheets.
- Build and backtest your strategies involving more than 1 scrip eg. pair trading strategies
- Very useful for tracking a large number of options simultaneously eg. Tracking their open interest/price variations, while studying the put/call ratios & option Max Pain analysis
Open Interest Strategy at Work In Excel
- Can even help you with data mining and pattern exploration studies
- Keeping track of complex options strategies where a number of options need to be tracked at the same time
- Just simply tracking your portfolio in real time
- .. and a lot more…
How can we achieve this ?
To be able to enable this ability and more, you will need to exploit the Excel’s RTD Function. The RTD function is an excellent way to retrieve real-time data from a program that supports COM automation.
Some older applications used DDE to import real-time data into Excel but this is now a thing of the past as we have the more powerful and versatile RTD function in Excel.
NSE Equities, Indices, ETFs, Futures & Options in Real-time in Excel at the same timeis one such software which can provide you with NSE Stock Prices in Excel. This application can help you analyse 200 – 500
With, also using Excel’s ADD IN functionality to add forms, you would be able to also download Tick, 1, 5, 15, 60 min & EOD Historical Data.
If you would like to know more about this integration you can get it from this Article here.