Using NinjaTrader with Windows XP & Server 2003 can now be a challenge as NinjaTrader has followed Microsoft in dropping support for these operating systems. Windows XP users have recently, therefore, been unable to connect to the NinjaTrader license server. The primary cause being :-
- Microsoft is no longer updating security certifications via Windows Update.
- Microsoft announced end-of-support for Windows XP on April 8th, 2014 and Windows Server 2003 July 14, 2015.
- NinjaTrader, therefore, dropped support for these operating system and it is recommended to upgrade to a supported operating system.
- Read more about this on the Ninja Trader Forum >> Link
Is there any way to Use NinjaTrader with Windows XP ?
Yes, there is a temporary manual install of security certifications available for those of you who will not have immediate access to an updated operating system.
The steps to do this are :-
- You will need to download the zip file from the link given below and extract the files to your Desktop. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/files/WinXP_GoDaddy-Certs.zip
- First, install the three .crt files. (To install these files, left click and choose “install certificate”, follow the prompts to continue)
- Next, install the three .crl files. (To install these files, right click on the file and select “Install CRL”. Some of these may take up to a minute to install)
- After having done these steps, run NinjaTrader7 or NinjaTrader8 and the license should verify.
- Though useful, this is only a temporary manual install of security certifications.
- There is no guarantee that this will work on different PCs having different updates of Windows XP.
- It is recommended to upgrade your operating system as soon as possible.
- Please contact Ninja Trader Platform support (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
Please post your experiences and share your knowledge below to help fellow traders. Thank you !