Ninjatrader is the next-gen platform for trading and analysis. It’s latest version has over 500+ major enhancements as compared to the older version. It’s fully multi-threaded core and user-friendly interface offers enhanced performance to the users. It is the most recommended trading platform, worldwide. Its award-winning trading software is voted the best by the trading community.
The entire core data engine is rewritten for optimal market data performance and increased tick accuracy. However, using NinjaTrader with Windows XP & Server 2003 can now be a challenge. This is because NinjaTrader has followed Microsoft in dropping support for these operating systems. Windows XP users are unable to connect to the NinjaTrader license server. The primary reason for this is:
- Microsoft is no longer updating security certifications via Windows Update.
- Microsoft announced end-of-support for Windows XP on April 8th, 2014 and Windows Server 2003 July 14, 2015.
- Ninjatrader dropped its support for these two operating systems. Please Upgrade to a supported operating system to make most out of Ninjatrader.
- Read more about this on the Ninja Trader Forum >> Link
Is there any way to Use NinjaTrader with Windows XP?
Yes, there is a temporary manual install of security certifications (if you don’t have immediate access to an updated operating system).
The steps to do this are:-
- Download the zip file this link NinjaTrader for Windows XP Extract these the files to your Desktop.
- First of all, install the three “.crt files”. (Right click , choose “install certificate” and follow the prompts to continue)
- Install the three .crl files. (To install these files, right-click on the file and select “Install CRL”. Some files may take up to a minute to install)
- After performing these steps, run NinjaTrader7 or NinjaTrader8. It should verify the license and start working.
- This manual installation of security certifications is a temporary solution.
- The issue should fix after applying this fix.
- There is no guarantee that this will work on all different updates of Windows XP.
- Upgrading the operating system can help in getting optimal performance of Ninjatrader.
- Please contact Ninja Trader Platform support (email@example.com) for more details.
- NinjaTrader is required to change the SSL certificate, which is used in validating your license.
- Microsoft is no longer providing any support for Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server.
- If you are still using Windows 7 or Windows 10, please visit the setup guides for NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8
Windows XP is the operating system which belongs to Windows NT family. Windows XP had several compatibility issues and was less user-friendly. Therefore, Microsoft has replaced it with improved versions of Windows. It is advisable to upgrade to higher versions of Windows to make the best of Ninjatrader.
Ninjatrader works best with Windows 7 and Windows 10.
Which operating system are you using? Are you facing any problems with Ninjatrader with your current operating system?
Please share your experiences and knowledge, in the comments below to help fellow traders.